Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jan 15, 2016

Anime Obsession: ナナ NANA ♥




"Nee Nana. Forgetting about our mistakes and our wounds isn't enough to make them disappear. 
Even now, I keep calling your name... Despite my pain. I'll keep on doing that until you answer me."

Hello everyone!
Today I wanna share with you an anime that I truly love and been obsessing with, over and over.
NANA is an anime based on the manga (like most animes) by Ai Yazawa, it aired on 2006 and has 47 episodes and as far as I know, the manga is not finished since the author went on hiatus while she was fighting an illness. At first I didn't pay much attention to it, then my friends suggested it to me and well, I gave it a chance and I just loved it. Last December we decided to re-watch it with my mom and even tho she is not an anime fan she got so into it that couldn't stop watching, it is a great story.

This is not a regular anime story, at least I don't see it like that. It feels more like an animated soap opera.
The main characters are Osaki Nana (punk princess) and Komatsu Nana aka Hachi (princess!) they are two totally different girls sharing the same name and age that decide to travel to Tokyo to start a life there. Destiny reunites them and they end up living together and becoming great friends but, not everything is all happiness and as the episodes go by it gets more and more dramatic and emotional.


I'm so not good with synopsis so click here if you want to read something better explained. Hehe.

What I liked the most about this anime (aside from the character design and clothes) is how much you can relate with the characters in more than one way. They are oh-so-very human, with many flaws and they all try to live their life the best way they can dealing with struggles and stuff. Every character has a story behind them.

Most people love Osaki Nana, and hey! I adore her too! Who wouldn't want a protective friend like her? I know I would! She is so cool!! She's the singer of a punk band called "Blast". Her dream is to be a successful singer and make it big with her band.



She is so pretty...

She always looks like a super strong person who knows what she wants but deep inside she's sensitive, sweet and yeah, lonely. She can be a little possesive too but, I find it cute somehow.
She's the one who names Komatsu Nana "Hachiko" claiming she is like a loyal puppy~~~~ I just love how much she cares about her.


Then there is Komatsu Nana (Hachi), she is the Nana I can really relate to in many ways. She decides to move to Tokyo to be with her boyfriend but once she gets there things totally change. Hachi falls in love easily because she needs to be loved, her dream is to get married and have a happy life as a housewife. Aside from that, she doesn't really know what to do with her life and ends up taking random jobs to earn some money.




I can say I'm spoiled, I'm a little princess, I want to get married and have a happy house with a hubby who loves me a ton, I love to buy, I'm all girly and if you have seen the show or plan to watch it, most of the things she feels or thinks are things that I've felt or thought about before. We both can be a little exhausting! Hehe...not sure if that's a good thing tho. And yeah, I feel lost in life sometimes too, like I need a place to fit in.

The more I watch of the show, the more I relate to her and the more I love Osaki Nana, she is THE BEST!!! There are also other cool characters! Here are some of the main characters around the Nanas:

BLAST (Osaki Nana's band)



♥ Nana
♥ Nobu ♥
♥ Yasu
♥ Shin ♥

TRAPNEST



♥ Reira (vocalist)
♥ Takumi ♥
♥ Ren (O. Nana's boyfriend)
♥ Naoki

Also Jun-chan and boyfriend Kyosuke ♥ (Hachi's friends) deserve to be mentioned because I love them and they are SO cute together!!!!!



Along with the anime and manga, there are two Nana live action movies than came before the anime (I think) and they are pretty much the anime resumed in two parts.



Some actors from the first movie were changed, including Hachi! Honestly, I kinda liked the first Hachi a bit more but Shin #2 is better looking! Hehe. 

And well, before I end this post I gotta say that the soundtrack (for both, movies and anime) is SO worth it! I've been obsessing with them all over again! It includes Olivia Lufkin (as Reira) and Anna Tsuchiya (as Nana) in the anime OST and Yuna Ito (Reira) and Mika Nakashima (as Nana) in the movies.
I know this may not be the most complete Nana post ever but, there is a lot to say and I get lost! So, make sure to check it out, it is a great, great anime. (with many cute guys as well!)
I just hope someday the author gives and end to this story, it is too good to be left incomplete.

"Nee Nana, If for example we had been a love couple, Would a hug have been enough to wash away my sadness?
Or then; does every single being carry this loneliness, like a burden?
I wans't intending to monopolizing you
I just wanted you to need me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com