Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Feb 13, 2018

Essence Makeup Haul




Hi dollies!
During my time in Spain I started buying lots of products from Essence. You might have seen some of them on my previous Spain makeup hauls so, I'm just gonna show you the ones I got after those hauls.

I liked essence not only because they have very colorful and cute things but also because it is very affordable. 


I'm gonna start with nails. First we have nail polishes, all of them are from The Gel Nail Polish. The gold one was the last one I needed to have all the glitter polished they had. I'm not a big fan of gold but this one looks absolutely beautiful. It's called "On Air" (44) and as most glitter nail polishes, I find the durability a little better than regular ones.

On Air
The next two were gifts from my mom. First is a grey-ish lilac that looks absolutely gorgeous when you apply it, "I dreamed a dream" (102). Definitely one of my favorites at the moment. And the other is a bright, fun color that I think will be perfect for Spring, "Red Carpet?" (92).

Red Carpet?
I dreamed a dream

I also got a 2 step nail file because I forgot to take one with me and I use them a lot. The Studio Nails Banana-File has a black side that helps to shorten the nails (step 1) and a pink side to shape them (step 2).



Moving on to the face, I got two products, the Soft Touch Mousse Make-up in "Matt Ivory" (04) it was the lightest shade I found, which is very light weight and soft. Application is sooooo smooth. It is not high coverage tho but you can build up the color without feeling or looking cakey. Like it says it is a mousse-like base with a matte finish. I just started using it not long ago so I'm still in the process of knowing if I love it.
The other product is the Stay Natural Concealer in "Soft Nude" (03). First of all, I live the brush applicator, considering it is kinda thin, it makes it easier to apply the concealer on small areas. The formula is very light but coverage is pretty good. I like it so far!



For eyes I picked two eyeliners, a pencil liner and a liquid liner. I've been trying to use more liquid eyeliner lately but I'm still pretty messy with the application, the one I got is the Super Last Eyeliner in "Deep Black" It claims to last for 18h. It is a really black, black (lol) and yeah, it lasts for a long time. The only thing I don't like about it is the applicator. It is too long and it makes it harder for me to create a nice, even line. And the pencil liner is the Kajal Pencil in "black" (01)





I also got two mascaras, one for the yes and one for the brows. For the eyes: Instant Volume Boost Mascara. It claims to be smudge proof and intense black. To be honest, I'm not too picky with mascaras, I like them as long as they are water/smudge proof. And for the brows: Make Me Brow eyebrow gel mascara in "Blondy Brows" (01). Even tho it says it is gel based, it feels too liquid for me, in a non-messy way. This was the lightest shade they had and because it is not super strong on the brows, it could help me to keep the brows in place once I fill them with the pencil.



Next is a blush! Mosaic Blush in "All you need is pink" (20). What can I say about this blush? It is beautiful! Even my mom loved it so I ended up getting one for her as well. It leaves a very subtle glow on the sking, it is pigmented and lasts the whole day. I believe this mosaic blushes have other 2 shades, a pink one and a more bronzy(?) one. I wanted to get all of them!



I realized I only got two lipsticks... one is the Ultra Last Instant Colour in "Cherry Sweet" (11). I fell for this color after buying one for my mom and my cousin, I knew I /had/ to get one myself. The other one is a matte lippie, Matt Matt Matt "Wow Effect" (03). What I like about it is the fact that even tho it has a semi-matte finish, it doesn't dry my lips like other matte lippies do.



cherry sweet

Wow effect
We're almost done guys, I promise~

The last 3 things I got were from the Wood You Love Me? collection, which is their Valentine's day collection. The theme is obviously love, but not in the classic all-red, hearts & stuff, is more of a forest/animal love thingy(?).
They had 3 nail polishes, I only picked one because I didn't love the other colors (green and a bronzy brown). They one I got is called "Sweet Kisses" (03). It is the perfect shade of pale pink. It look really clean yet cute!


Also bought a pair of makeup sponges (gave one to mom), "Mr & Mrs cute" (01). I still wonder if they had other designs...

Lastly, I got a double pencil liner, then again, they had other colors that I don't think I'd use. "My tree love" (02) has a brown color with a pearly finish on one side and a nude matte one on the other side.




This collection had, nail files, eyeshadows and even facemasks but I could only get a few things cuz they lauched it right before I left...

And, we are done! These are some of the products I bought when I was in spain, I also have face creams I'm really excited about but I think I'll talk about them in a separate post.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of doing a makeup course? You can take professional's makeup lesson by makeup artist Lina Cameron. She is really professional in this line and creative as well. Also, she is really helpful and friendly. She helped me a lot to create my own level in this makeup line and she is so far best in my town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this message, sorry it took me so long but, that sounds really interesting!

      Delete
  2. Getting one of the "pre-bundled" sets is an incredible method to try different things with. Makeup Brushes

    ReplyDelete

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com